Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!


Knowing that Mother’s Day was approaching, Sydney asked me to relay some thoughts she had about the occasion. So, after careful listening, and some even more careful deciphering, I believe I captured some of the thoughts she wanted to express.

To Karen…A note from your daughter…
Mama…thank you for always being there for me. You have supported me when I couldn’t support my own head, wiped the drool from my mouth, and fed me when I needed it. You’ve always looked out after my butt, and also cleaned it. You are so kind to me, even when I am beat red screaming at the top of my lungs…you just smile at me and soothe me. I know since I am new that the ‘title’ of ‘Mom’ might still seem weird, but I can tell you that you’ve earned it. So, thanks for being such a great Mom.

You have always pushed me, not only literally through my birth, but also in my social development and physical growth. I love you more than my bouncer, swing, and jumper combined! Happy first Mother’s Day!!!

To my grandmothers (Donna and Gloria) and my great grandma (Carol), thanks for giving me the opportunity to exist by having your own children! And to my Ya-Ya (Sherri) and my MorMor (Terrie), thanks for everything that you do.
(pictured: Grandma Gloria and Nana Donna when I was one week old)

To all of the other new mothers out there…keep it up!!! We can be a challenge at times, but you’re doing a great job!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, you are a fantastic mother and we are so glad to be a part of your life...and of COURSE sydney's!

    ReplyDelete