Saturday, April 4, 2015

Potty Time!

I don’t get an opportunity to ‘post’ as much as I used to.  While the downturn in the frequency of posts has left me feeling negligent and guilty (especially as Corwin will have less to look back upon), I have gradually accepted that this is how life changes when you have two kids and four people in a household who all have busy schedules.  And with Karen’s multitude of ‘photo’ and ‘comment’ posts on Facebook, I assumed I wasn’t completely devastating the three people who may actually read this blog.  So…now that I’ve got that confession out of the way….

Life has been busier than ever.  2015 has already found Corwin start and finish his first swim class.  He is also looking at moving up to the next ‘age’ room at school (aka daycare).  His words are accumulating at an exponential rate now so we are having to make sure we don’t let any unintended words slip out.  We are also now in full swing with potty training.  He’s had a pretty successful week, all in all.  He’s had a few accidents that have required some cleanup by people in orange space suits.  Although he now has a little seat that sits on the real toilet, he had started out using the little portable potty.  It sat in the living room for a week, and it got me to thinking how awesome it must be to do your business and not have to even wait for a commercial break.  Although it may not be the most aromatic thing in the open living space…man, think of the convenience!  Despite all natural human instinct to try it out, I resisted the urges.

Sydney continues to play soccer.  She’s had two games already, and last week she scored three goals.  She’s done great, and she realizes it’s all about having fun.  I’m just super excited that she actually plays the game instead of picking flowers like she had done a couple of years ago.  Other than that, she continues to excel at reading and school, and she’s enjoying every bit of it.

With spring here, it’s naturally meant a review of the old ‘to do list’ for the home.  We recently finished fencing in our back yard (aka child containment), and we are looking at building a new back deck in May.  This has led us to take multiple trips to Home Depot.  One one occasion we were able to get a couple of pictures with all of the kids in a cart together…the hairy one is Corwin…the super-hairy one is Olive (Don’s daughter).

Oh, and I thought I'd share a few more pictures from our recent trip to Disneyland!!!  I hope you enjoy them.  Have a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment