Friday, January 13, 2012

Twinkle Toes...

If you ever had any doubts that Sydney would be a ‘girly’ girl, this post will surely end any debate about it.  While her preference for all things colored pink and purple were a nice hint, this past Saturday elevated her girly status even more, as Sydney participated in her very first ballet class. 

I’m perfectly happy having a daughter.  In fact, I never had a terribly strong preference for having a boy or a girl.  Actually, I set the bar fairly low by merely hoping it was human.  But as a father of a girl, I do have to say that I know and do things that father’s with sons do not.  For example, I know the names of all of the Disney Princesses.  I’m familiar with Dora and the fairies from the Flying Fairy School.  On occasion I have to try to braid (rather unsuccessfully) hair…ok, I’m not even much better at hair ties or clips.  To my credit though, I have mastered the tea party.
So, while I’m hoping she can begin playing soccer this year (and I will teach her diving headers and slide-tackles), I will support her as best as I can in her quest to be good at ballet...and I suppose at being a girly-girl.  After all, what could be more manly than that!


Sydney loves Rapunzel.

Hanging out with Blueberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment