Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sydney...a year in review

Much like other 12 month old babies, Sydney wanted to have time to reflect back over her first year of life and discover what she has gained from her journey, both in knowledge and experience.

After reading a few recommended publications, she made sure she complied with all of the milestones..eating certain foods at the right time...showing the right growth...taking her first step within the expected period. But she wanted to overlook those mundane facts and focus her thoughts things that appealed more to her personal curiousities. And since many of her initial curiousities came in the form of simple yes/no questions, I've shared what she has learned using that same format...based on what she has told me.

-Yes, my parents do look tired the next day when I stay up late screaming
-No, the cats do not like clumps of hair removed from their body
-Yes, my bodily functions can match any full grown human adult as well as some larger mammals
-No, no matter how hard I scream I haven't been able to break glass
-Yes, however, I will keep trying to break glass
-No, strained peas are no fun...I don't care how old you are or under-developed your taste buds are!
-Yes, dad does like duct tape
-No, as fun as it is...poop does not make good artwork on the walls
-Yes, you can make parents react quickly if you vomit at just the right time
-No, I'm still not sure why if all you drink is white milk how poop can be brown (past experience)
-Yes, life on the outside is so much better
-No, I do not want to stay a toddler...now that I'm 1 I'm much too sophisticated
-Yes, my friends and family are just as cool as I thought they would be!

I would like to thank everyone who supported me in my first year of life. So, if you wiped my nose, wiped my bottom, gave me a hug, kiss, or support and encouragement during my physical, social, and emotional development, I appreciate it very much!

Tip #21: Gifts to your baby

Being the thoughtful parent you are, you will likely want to provide your child with gifts that trigger excitement and joy during special occasions, such as birthdays and the holidays. It is important not to take it personal if your child does not take a second look, or even first, at the nice gift you have bestowed on them. Odds are, they will be much more interested in the wrapping paper and box that held the gift, as well as any ribbon or bow. Take it in stride, and realize that you did not fail your parental obligations...at least not on this occasion. There's plenty of time left for that down the road :)

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY SYDNEY!!!

Love Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment